Nanaimo, the retail capital of BC...
and yet, only two options for maternity clothes shopping: The Bay, which had maybe 8 different pieces of clothing to choose from; and WalMart (no thanks!). Of course, there's Value Village, but what's to expect of them when there's a lack of parent stores in the community to feed the hand-me-down stores. Starting to wonder if most expectant Moms in this community wear expectant Dads' clothing. Or make the trek to Victoria.
So Mom, who is struggling to fit into all but 3 pairs of her pants these days, picked through the maternity clothes retail dreggs and after a frustrating session (because after all, shopping is her favourite pass-time) she ended up buying regular dress pants a size too large figuring they'll last another two months. After that, another HUGE thanks to Auntie Trish for donating her wonderful and varied collection of maternity wear. Mom had some of the pant lengths altered at the tailor yesterday.

3 Comments:
What! CRAZY! I can't believe that there is no Sears or Gap! I guess you will have to resort to buying online.
There is a Sears...without a maternity section. I think there's a Gap - will try that next time I make the trek to North Nanaimo.
A shortage of maternity stores, eh? This could be a bad sign. Bif, I hope Mom and Dad can find something to dress you in after you make your appearance. Maybe there is a reason for nude yoga on Quadra Island.....
Post a Comment
<< Home